THIS WEEK (December 1-15) AT REEF SEEKERS DIVE
UPDATED!!! ---> 2020 LOCAL DIVES & CLASS SCHEDULE
• • •
REEF SEEKERS REPAIR DEPARTMENT
• • •
Want to travel??? Upcoming 2019-2020 vacation trips:
• Sea of Cortez (Cabo Pulmo) - December 4-10 (LEAVING THIS WEEK!!!)
• March 16-29 - Yap Immersion (extended trip with fish ID & photo workshop, and manta ID classes included)
• May 15-23 - Bonaire (we didn't go in 2019 so it's time to return)
• August 1-8 - Isla Mujeres, Mexico (Whale Sharks, Underwater Museum, Cenotes, and more)
• September 9-14 - Guadalupe ( Great White Sharks!!! - Note Early Bird pricing through Nov. 30)
• October 17-29 - Return to Indonesia and Murex, Manado (one of our favorite places to go)
• December TBA - Socorro on the Nautilus Belle Amie (make it an early Christmas present for yourself)
GET MORE INFO ON ALL OF OUR VACATION TRIPS HERE: http://www.reefseekers.com/foreign_trips.html
Upcoming local dives & classes:
• Sat., December 14 - Catalina Express (Avalon Underwater Park ($150 - 3 dives)
• Thu., December 19 - Squid Dive (Redondo/Vets Park) - FREE!!! - single tank
• Sat., January 4 - Beach Dive (Redondo/Vets Park) - $25 - single tank
• Thu., January 9 - Squid Dive (Redondo/Vets Park) - FREE!!! - single tank
--- 2020 LOCAL DIVE & CLASS SKED ---
--- EXPLANATION OF WHAT EACH CLASS ENTAILS AND DATES EACH IS OFFERED ---
To sign up for any of these dives, either call us at 310/652-4990 or e-mail us at email@example.com
Since I just sent you the December newsletter, I'll try to keep this brief. But we also all know that brevity isn't my strong suit . . .
WHAT A DIFFERENCE A FEW DAYS MAKE - Two views
of Vets Park at Redondo. On the left is Wednesday morning. On the right
is Sunday afternoon. Drastic change.
SHARKS ARE EVEN MORE BAD-ASS THAN YOU THINK - Did you realize that sharks outlived the dinosaurs? They're quite fascinating creatures when you put any fear aside. (One reason we love diving with them in Guadalupe.) Laurie Kasper forwarded an interesting article that details some of the adaptations sharks have made to survive for so long: SHARK EVOLUTION.
BE FREE LITTLE ABALONE - A team of divers from the Aquarium of the Pacific, along with divers from other institutions, recently participated in a mass ocean release of white abalone. It's an attempt to help the species recover and caps an 11-year multi-agency project. You can read more about it here: WHITE ABALONE RELEASED.
OFF TO CABO PULMO WEDNESDAY - I'm not sure if I'll have an Internet connection on the boat or not but if I do, you'll not only get next week's TWARS from Cabo Pulmo, but I'll post a Top 10 Pix each day as well. Cabo Pulmo is a UNESCO World Heritage site and a wonderfully successful and productive Marine Protected Area so we're very excited about what we might see. (And if I don't have a connection, you'll get the week off from me.) We'll be diving CP Friday-Monday so keep your eyes peeled to our FaceBook and SmugMug pages.
And that'll do it for now. Have a great week and let's go diving soon!!!